/* contents of a small JavaScript file */
Save Money by Investing In Quality Paints

Save Money by Investing In Quality Paints

Painting Your Home Tips

Spend less on paint. Buy the expensive stuff.

A collection of cans of paint and other relate...
A collection of cans of paint and other related materials. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Local Toronto painting company  

We always  thought for a while we would make more money by using cheap paint by saving on the paint. But it didn’t take long to figure out that we are wasting time and money on cheap paint.

Cheap inexpensive paint is watery and does not cover well. Obviously this is because they do not put any quality additives. And it is the additives that cost in a can of paint. The additives help spread rate of the paint and the coverage the paint has and of course the quality of the dried product its resistance to wear, sunlight and washing.

When a house painter is using cheap paint he will have to paint the house or room with an extra few coats of paint for it to cover and work well. And if that is the case the extra material bought will make up for the difference buying a more expensive brand of paint such as Benjamin Moore regal or the Sherwin-Williams emerald line or even the Pittsburgh Manor Hall line. These are high quality professional paints.

Not to mention that using the higher-end paints are also to be honest with you much easier to paint with. When you pass over a area with the paintbrush for example 90% coverage over the area you’re going over and when you bring to your brush back smoothing out the paint you will get the other 10% coverage and this is excellent and what the painters looking for which is efficiency for either the brush or roller. But when you have a cheap paint you might have to go over the same spot a couple times for it to cover properly and even so it might not.

There is not a whole heck of a lot of difference between a cheap/inexpensive paint compared to the top line quality interior paint. For example you might buy a can of Behr paint from Home Depot for $45 which is not half as good as Benjamin Moore regal paint which is approximately $60. Torontopainters find that using the Home Depot Behr paint it ends up sagging and you have to work it a couple times to make sure that it lays flat without drips or drops.

Good-quality paint lasts longer and works out cheaper over time … not to mention the fact that it is easy to apply and looks great! Look at your local hardware store for mistints — the term refers to perfectly good paint which was tinted to order, but turned out not to be the color the original customer had in mind. It’s subsequently sold for a fraction of sticker price. If you’re planning to paint two or more rooms, choose a neutral hue and invest in a 5-gallon container (it’s cheaper than purchasing five individual gallon cans). Or check in with your local recycling and hazardous household waste center to see whether they have any unwanted paint to give away. And don’t forget to prime; primer is relatively inexpensive and will make your pricy paint go much further. Whatever amount you spend, be sure to use low- to no-VOC paint, for the sake of your indoor air quality.

Source: Painting Your Home? 5 Ways to Save Money and Hassle | KFXV Fox 2 News

[wpseo_map width=”400″ height=”300″ zoom=”-1″ map_style=”roadmap” scrollable=”0″ show_route=”0″ show_state=”1″ show_country=”1″ show_url=”1″][wpseo_address show_state=”1″ show_country=”1″ show_phone=”1″ show_phone_2=”0″ show_fax=”0″ show_email=”1″ show_url=”1″ show_opening_hours=”1″]

Leave a Reply

Close Menu
Call Now Button